Our response to the Coronavirus
Update 11 May 2020
Planned, Phased reopening of Swan/NU living Construction Sites
At Swan /NU Living we have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. The health and safety of our staff and the communities in which we work is our priority and as a result we implemented a temporary closure of our construction sites at the start of lockdown. Since then, we have been working behind the scenes to ensure that we have plans in place so we can safely reopen, when Government advice supports this.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement yesterday, encouraging construction to restart, where it is safe to do so, this work means that we are now ready to implement a phased re-opening of our sites.
From Monday 11 May 2020, our teams will start a phased reopening of our construction sites, assessed on an individual site by site basis, working in close partnership with our Health and Safety advisors. The level and rate of activity will be dependent on each site, its current state of construction and how we can implement safe working in line with Government guidance.
Whilst each site will have its own bespoke phased return, there are practices that we will be implementing wherever there is a return to work. We would like to reassure our stakeholders that these include:
1. Initially Site Management Teams only will return to undertake necessary preparatory works.
2. Detailed site examinations will be carried out in partnership with trade leads to ensure sites are certified as ready for use by the returning construction teams.
3. Contactless site entry will be implemented to temporarily replace existing fingerprint entry systems. This will be supported by new standard operating procedures and appropriate signage.
4. First aid and personal protection supplies will be available on site. All returning operatives will be issued with additional PPE in the form of latex gloves and KN95 disposable facemasks and will be required to complete a Social Distancing Induction before starting work.
5. Staff must be free from illness when coming to work and, as well as social distancing, applying a range of measures including staggered start times, breaks, etc will be put into place. Staff will be encouraged to walk, cycle or drive where possible to avoid public transport. Any staff or contractors disregarding or repeatedly not following the safe working procedures will be removed from the site.
6. A four-phase programme will be in place for the return to full resourcing and each stage will only be implemented if in line with Government Guidance and signed off by our health and safety consultants.
Across most of our construction sites stakeholders will start to see increased activity on site over the coming days. We will provide updates to appropriate stakeholders for each site, to ensure our Strategic, Borough and community partners are fully informed of the local approach being taken at each scheme.
We would like to reassure all our partners and stakeholders that we are committed to continuing our construction activity but regard the health and safety of our staff, contractors and the communities in which we work, as our priority.
Any enquiries regarding our construction sites should be directed to Dean Rosewell, Managing Director of NU living, our in-house contractor. He can be contacted on [email protected] or by calling 0300 303 2500.
For any media enquiries please call 0300 303 2500 to speak to a member of the Communications Team or email [email protected]
Update 25 March 2020
We wanted to reassure you that we will continue to do all we can to support you and your family over the coming weeks.
Following the latest advice issued by the Prime Minister on 23 March, we’ve updated our plan further. As you will understand, we may have to adapt it again as the situation develops but we are committed to keeping you updated.
In line with Government advice, we are moving our staff who are not key workers to working from home and have now closed all of our offices to visitors. You can access information about our services on nuliving.co.uk. If you cannot find what you need online, you can email us at [email protected] or call 0800 819 9390. Please do bear with us, you might wait a bit longer than usual to speak to our teams.
Our construction sites currently remain closed but we are carefully observing for any change to the current Government advice, which will allow our sites to become operational again soon. Our modular housing factory continues to operate with full Coronavirus (Covid-19) health and safety measures in place and our development activities continue.
Our phone lines remain operational and will continue to be so. All our customer service teams including the Sales team and Customer Care team are ready to continue to support customers thorough this difficult time.
We will continue to communicate with you over this period both through our social media and website.
We would like to take this opportunity to ask all customers to follow Government guidance around social distancing and to ensure that they are observing the latest restrictions on movement, socialising etc. Remember, if you can, stay home and save lives.
For general enquiries:
Tel: 0800 819 9390
Email: [email protected]k
If you would like to talk to us about any of our homes, plrease use the contact details below:
360 Barking - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
020 3369 0157 or [email protected]
Beechwood - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
02033690119 or [email protected]
Blackwall Reach - Tuesday to Saturday 10am-6 pm
020 3969 3883 or [email protected]
Laindon Landmark - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
0203 369 0571 or [email protected]
The Paragon - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
020 3369 0365 or [email protected]